I have wrecked my baby ......black on black SS monte 2006
I am looking for some sugestions on websites where i can find body parts
anyone know of some websites...
Thanks...

SS-Monte
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to find an affordbale Monte SS front facia and extension one of these days
Old 02-22-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

are you not going through insurance company, and if not thats not very smart thing to do
there is always more damage beneath the parts your looking at, if this a front end hit, what if the core support is tweaked, or lower and upper frame rails are tweaked out

if this is a rear end hit, rear frame rails, trunk floor, rear body panle, inner and outer wheel houses are damaged, and the car needs to be pulled on frame machine

and once that insurance check is cut, thats it, its made out to a shop not you insruance companies dont do that unless the car is paid for, or i could be wrong but thats the way it goes the last i checked

what about paint?? can you paint?? are you a body man?? i would sugggest letting a shop repair your car and have it fixed by a tech and in a shop
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bdyman
are you not going through insurance company, and if not thats not very smart thing to do
there is always more damage beneath the parts your looking at, if this a front end hit, what if the core support is tweaked, or lower and upper frame rails are tweaked out

if this is a rear end hit, rear frame rails, trunk floor, rear body panle, inner and outer wheel houses are damaged, and the car needs to be pulled on frame machine

and once that insurance check is cut, thats it, its made out to a shop not you insruance companies dont do that unless the car is paid for, or i could be wrong but thats the way it goes the last i checked

what about paint?? can you paint?? are you a body man?? i would sugggest letting a shop repair your car and have it fixed by a tech and in a shop
agree for sure
Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog...TOKEN=61316761
Old 02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

www.car-part.com
Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try and het the Ram air hood instead of the OEM one. I think the ram air is cheaper.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he can only get that type of hood if it was on his car pre accident condition, and some insurance companies wont pay to replce aftermarket parts unless it is documented

example statefarm knows in detail the modifications done to my alero and everything is covered, if it was stolen vandalized in a accident im covered 100%

Quick Reply: Lookin for 2006 Monte Carlo SS Parts