Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec clutch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec clutch!!!

Installed my Spec Clutch.. I used the shim provided and the clutch engages about halfway. The Clutch engages hard and has some chatter. I was told after break in the chatter should get better.. Im very impressed with the clutch and it feels real strong.. They are questions about using the shim or not.. I would definley use it..
Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it with my spec 3 and have about 10k miles on it so far and no issues. The chater will go away as it breaks in. I did alot of city driving in mine to break it in like the break in procedure suggested. Did maybe 400 miles in the city and prolly another 2-300 on the hwy before I hit the track with it. It has held several 6k clutch dumps and a few above that. Im very pleased with mine so far. If this is the one you have DO NOT slip it cause it doesnt like it at all. Its either in or out with it. No in between.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the positive posts and the kind words...I am glad that you are both pleased with the results. Our kits are intended to be used with the shim we provide. As mentioned chatter will lessen as the clutch continues to break-in. Should you or anyone else have questions feel free to let me know. Thanks!