Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv system help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcv system help

ok almost gotmy car up and running its a 67 camaro with a 5.3 that ive put a ls1 intake tb on. i need help with the pcv system, never messed with one. where all do i need to hook up to what? i know there is a hole in the drivers side valve cover and a port on the passenger side valve cover but what else and where does it go? any help appreciated. and does anyone have some pictures of it or a diagram ? i searched and didnt find much
Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can i just put a filter in both sides and cap it all off ?? i dunno what im talkin bout so lemme know lol
Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on anyone have any suggestions
Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For a LS1 F-Body, there would be a port in the rear are of the drive side Valve cover and Passenger valve cover. These are connected together with tubes and a Y connector near the rear of the intake, Then is routed to A PCV valve and then on to the Throttle body. There is also a cold air intake hose that runs from a port on the Throttle body to a port on the front of the Passenger Side Valve Cover.

The other option is to use LS6 Lifter cover.. which does away with all of the valve cover ports and hoses, it will put the air from the Valve Lifter cover and then into a PCV Valve before being routed to the Throttle body, and still has a fresh air port/hose as the LS1 setup.

I recall reading a few threads that had some good drawings and pictures.. Search on "PCV" or "PCV hoses" .. that might get some hits..

Quick Reply: pcv system help