PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(LT1 OBD2) Anyone use Auterra Dynoscan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (LT1 OBD2) Anyone use Auterra Dynoscan?

http://www.auterraweb.com/dynoscan.html

I was planning on buying autotap until I ran into this, this seems to be cheaper, and provide about the same functionality. Dont think I need the GM enchanced perameters (I only really care about O2, MAF, MAP, knock, RPM, speed, coolant temp, air temp, and basic trouble code reading).

Just curious if anyone has used it and liked / disliked it?

I have a '97 Z28 M6 (not an LS1 )
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

I have the DynoScan. I thought it would not only data log but give me the same advantages as my Gtech RR. The Dynoscan software is not as friendly as I could wish. It is one menu into another. In other words, for me as the beginner, it's cumbersome. Because it is strictly OB-II it is limited to the newer cars. I'm saying that because comparing it to the Gtech, I can only use it for performance monitoring on my 01, and post 95 vehicles. My 95 is left out of its perimeter.

I hooked it up to my Lancer and it keeps shutting itself off like a PC left sitting with no input. Maybe there's something there that can be adjusted but for now, it is useless for data logging on that car. I haven't tried it on anything else.

One thing about it though, it has a terrific windshield mount. Way better than the Gtech's.

I'm going to get back into using the thing and perhaps be able to give some better input. Right now, I'm too inexperienced with it to give a good evaluation.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Anyone else have experience with this?

Quick Reply: (LT1 OBD2) Anyone use Auterra Dynoscan?