PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is crank-trigger wiring at? Trying to install Timing Tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:25 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Where is crank-trigger wiring at? Trying to install Timing Tuner!

I did a search and found that it is behind/on top of alternator. The posts said to remove alternator (I did)...and I found a wiring harness behind it. The problem is that the wiring harness that I found behind the alternator is a four-prong plug (square style) and the wiring I have from the Timing Tuner is a three-across style plug. Obviously won't fit. I can assume two things:

1.) Ramchargers gave me a wrong unit, not made for 2000 Camaro

-or-

2.) I am looking at the wrong wiring harness.

Does anyone know for sure where the crank trigger harness is on a 2000 LS1 Camaro Z-28? I cannot find any other harness in that area, and no other harness around the engine compartment looks like the right one.

Thanks,

SDB
Old 12-29-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 4 pin harness you found should be for the oxygen sensor. The crank sensor is near the starter, otherside of the engine.

Gary

Originally Posted by SDB
I did a search and found that it is behind/on top of alternator. The posts said to remove alternator (I did)...and I found a wiring harness behind it. The problem is that the wiring harness that I found behind the alternator is a four-prong plug (square style) and the wiring I have from the Timing Tuner is a three-across style plug. Obviously won't fit. I can assume two things:

1.) Ramchargers gave me a wrong unit, not made for 2000 Camaro

-or-

2.) I am looking at the wrong wiring harness.

Does anyone know for sure where the crank trigger harness is on a 2000 LS1 Camaro Z-28? I cannot find any other harness in that area, and no other harness around the engine compartment looks like the right one.

Thanks,

SDB
Old 12-29-2003, 06:20 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I did this late last night and took off the alternator!!! Guess I will pull the starter now.

SDB
Old 12-30-2003, 11:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,110 Likes on 728 Posts

The crank sensor is above the starter.

Starter bolts are 15mm.