Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gasket set question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gasket set question

I will be freshening up a LQ9 here in the next few weeks (hot tank, bearings, gaskets) and was wondering if the LS1 full gasket kits would work on the LQ9.

Now if I am understand right, all the LSx blocks are more or less the same design, but the kits that I am finding all stipulate LS1/LS2 etc; I even asked Summit Racking and they had no clue. Will I be able to use a LS1 kit or will I have to buy each gasket separately?

I am sure most of you will find this post quite trivial, but I can't find the info, so thanks for the help!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically most of the gaskets will all interchange. The only one you need to be 6.0L specific is the cylinder head gaskets. Also, the head bolt design will change depending what year the block is. If it is '04 and later it will be a short "LS2-style" head bolts. Pre '04 cars will have the long and short "LS1 style" head bolts. We can get you everything you need. Give us a call with any questions you have and we'll get you fixed up!

Jon
Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So everything but the head gaskets, cool. Thanks for the offer, but I found a complete LS1 engine gasket set on CL, I just needed to make sure I could use them on the LQ9. As for the head gaskets, I been reading good things about the LS9 7-layer gaskets. Any opinion on those?