LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Autobots Mods and Upgrades to the GXP Ongoing Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Autobots Mods and Upgrades to the GXP Ongoing Thread!

My mods to the GXP have started. I think what i will do is place any mod I do to the car in this thread so that there will be one list of progression to have instead of making multiple posts and threads. Any questiosn or pickups for the car i will make new threads on. But to have this one thread with just the install and or pics of the install and finished stuff in this thread.

So without further delay.
First mod!

CUTOUT! It is electric but right now I only had them install the cutout and will do the wiring for the switch later on..anyone in MA. care to help me out with that one??
The car is LOUD. It was mounted right after the cat. and I replaced the resonator. The place I went to did a lot of info seeking from me where I wanted it what I wanted and how I wanted it to look mount and so forth. Really good guys and they helped me out. Like all cutouts for this car its cutting into the ground clearance! Right now with it just open and no plate and motor on it its about 1". and with that on in the near future your talking about 2" maybe? So just gotta be careful of speedbumps and the likes.. And second thinking I might just have someone fab up a plate with a 1/2 size smaller hole to go through almost like Borla had...to lessen the sound a little. But thats still a thought.

So anyways here are the instal pics!
Resonator removal:

Another angle of the removal AND a guy with a 06 GTO pulled in next to me. He is a member of the board! Had a GP..chim in man! if you see this!!!

back have of the removed area of that resonator (and that GTO):

Install of the cutout:

ok not the best shot but what a color on that GTO :
Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

More Welding:

Intalled:

Looking from the front:

Looking from the back:
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7uioo.jpg[/IMG
Old 03-01-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Good start, man. Got to get a Downpipe next! It'll be wicked without a cat...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need my Cat in MA. Won't pass inspection without one.
Sounds about where I want it now...my wife loves it but were thinking about the baby..he might not like it lol. So I might tone it down a bit with either making a custom cut blockoff kinda like the borla had or maybe sheetmetal or something?

Quick Reply: Autobots Mods and Upgrades to the GXP Ongoing Thread!