PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intial Tuning for speed density and 60 lb injectors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intial Tuning for speed density and 60 lb injectors.

I'm going to 60+ lb injectors and a speed density tune. Is this something I can accomplish by myself just to get the car to idle and drive around under 2500 rpms?

I plan on getting it dynotuned by I need to get this sucker out of my garage when it warms up a bit. I have HPtuners and will have a wideband. Kit's still in progress.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can change the injector flow rate easy, but when you pull the MAF for a SD tune it can take some time working on the VE table before the car runs very good. Try it, both are easy to change back if it all goes to hell.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Alright sounds good. I guess i could temporarily run a MAF as well just go drive it around. I'd never go into boost.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't worry to much. I just did the exact same thing as you. Put in 60lb injectors and went to SD.

If your car was tuned before, check the VE against a stock VE table. I had tuned mine before so I knew the VE was goin to be close. I just added 5% across the whole table to be safe, and see what it looked like on the street.

Just goto the HPtuners help section in the back & follow their instructions for a SD tune. It will how you how to setup the VE table from 105+ kPa and the PE, BE table.

Do you have a 2bar MAP? I just went through a headache of getting the wrong MAP sensor and couldn't get the car to idle. I only ask because I see you have the turbo in your signature.