Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Vibration in clutch and locked out of 2 and 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vibration in clutch and locked out of 2 and 3

So last night I was driving home when I noticed a weird vibration in my clutch pedal when I was stopped and at idle. When moving or when at higher revs the vibration went away. Then when coming to a stop and down shifting I could not get my car into 3rd at first and when I tried to put it into 2nd it would not go in there either. I tried bringing the revs up and it still would allow me in. I came to a complete stop and placed the car in 1st. On take off I was allowed to cycle through the gears and I had no further problems the rest of the evening.

Then this morning as I was driving to work, maybe two blocks maximum, I was again unable to get my car into 2nd or 3rd. Not sure if this is a clutch or transmission problem. Maybe a throw out bearing. Wondering really if anyone else has had this problem? And will it be a cheap fix or a pricey fix? Thanks for any help yall might have.

Monroe

P.S.
Are there any shops in the SoCal area that specialize in T56 trans and stock LS1 clutches that I could take it to to have a diagnostic check done on it?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a trans problem most likely a main bearing
take it some where now before u cause more damage and make your repair bill much more expensive
depending where u live there is a few socal tech sponsor that can take care of u
Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always say the first things to do are; check the fluid level and color, put in new fluid, bleed. As its cheap and easy to do.

If your low you could have a leaking issue, if its dark it could be clogging or getting hot. If it doesnt help any... you prob have bigger issues.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem, was told to get it looked at before it got worse, put it off, and ended up having to get the tranny rebuilt and clutch replaced while i was at it. Granted, it was worth it for me because everything works great, but, if you don't want to spend a ton of money, definitely get it looked at. There's a lot of great people on here that can help you with that sorta stuff, too.

Quick Reply: Vibration in clutch and locked out of 2 and 3