Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wrap Steering Wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wrap Steering Wheel???

I just can't get myself to like the wraps offered by other companies. I want to know if anyone has actually wrapped the steering wheel, new stitching and all. If so, any pics or recommendations on the process would be greatly appreciated. I think I found the perfect material to do it with. It is not real leather, but called AllSport Black "High-Tack." It matches the ebony seats really well and has tremendous grip. I would love to give this a shot.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also interested in this....
Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Watch this guys videos , its really not as hard as u may think . Set your patterns up for the steering wheel perfectly and the stitching is easy by hand . He has 3 or 4 other videos too showing how to do a hex stitch , diamond pattern and cross . Ya jus gotta put up with the corny music
Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Watch this guys videos , its really not as hard as u may think . Set your patterns up for the steering wheel perfectly and the stitching is easy by hand . He has 3 or 4 other videos too showing how to do a hex stitch , diamond pattern and cross . Ya jus gotta put up with the corny music
I should have known you'd be helpful in this. Thanks for coming through again, but...where are the videos!

Edit: Seriously, this material is PERFECT for this project. It is too shiny for my taste for the rest of the interior, but the steering wheel would be amazing with this. Beautiful, grips to your hand easily, and has better stretch characteristics than any vinyl I've felt.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Whoops forgot to post the link .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDYCNyTdh0

With that particular material being that stretchy , you just gotta really be careful making the patterns to allow for the stretch when you stitch the seam together .

Quick Reply: Wrap Steering Wheel???