Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Intrument panel color change! Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intrument panel color change! Questions!

I have read a lot of different forums on changing the instrument panel from red to blue in my 98 trans am! I read different information on the possibilities because of a red overlay? Can someone clarify this, and explain what would be left red if I wanted to make EVERYTHING blue. Such as is it possible to change odometer color? PLEASE HELP
Old 03-05-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet would be to buy Mcnord/6LE overlays (gauges, headlight switch, and shift indicator) or stock Camaro gauges, hvac display, shift indicator, headlight switch, and change door panel, ASR switch, and foglight switch bulbs to blue leds. I'm assuming you have an aftermarket stereo as do many on this site, but if it is stock then you can try changing the bulbs to blue leds (soldering required).
I have never seen someone try soldering blue leds in a Firebird Stereo or steering wheel controls. I assume it would work, but probably would not be as bright as Camaro parts...
Old 03-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock GM bulbs are yellow...

Stock Camaro overlay has a blue tint...

Stock Firebird overlay has a red tint...

Camaro yellow and blue = green

Firebird yellow and red = red/orange

You have to completely replace your factory overlay AND the bulbs to change the color.

That is why we make our overlays with NO tint so that whatever color bulb you use is the color you get...

Quick Reply: Intrument panel color change! Questions!