Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on heads and cam???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any info on heads and cam???

I have a 2000 Ls1 with a Ls6 manifold, kook headers, corsa cat-back, and slp lid with a tune. Im looking to do head and thinking about doing a cam as well since they work well together, but have no idea where to start and what to know....I want something that will add more HP and Tq, but nothing crazy. Something very streetable, and affordable. Looking to spend around $2,500 but will spend more on a better product. Any ideas???
Old 03-05-2010, 02:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cam is easier to start with and of course cheaper. way too many options there but you can search here easily and see what everyone likes and dislikes. people have differing versions of streetable, so it's best if you find local people and take a ride with them and such youtube is also our friend on this type of searching. if you do the cam yourself, you can usually get it done in the 6-800 range. good luck
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam would definitely be the best place to start. You're not gonna get the cam and heads done for $2500 especially if someone else is gonna do it. Can't remember what all you have done, but heavier valve springs and pushrods and a LS2 timing chain would be a good idea with the cam. When I was looking at getting my cam done, it seemed like the 224 and 228 cams are pretty popular on here. Talk to as many people as you can, call vendors and have them recommend something for what you want. I ended up with a bigger cam and its very streetable. Just the usual cam surge at very low rpms but you expect that.