Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PLEASE HELP!!!! Headlights wont come on

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Ok, i just got into the car and when i put the e-brake down only the parking lights came on. so i thought maybe just the ambient light sensor was bad... but when i turned the switch manually they still dont work. i checked all the fuses under the hood anyway, even though it appears there isnt a fuse for the headlights.

all the parking lights and interior lights come on. but highbeams dont work either. and when i toggle the highbeams not even the blue dash light come on.

any help is GREATLY appreciated..

...additionally, when the headlight are supposed to be on, when i pull the plug off the bulb and check for voltage both leads give me a solid ground.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 03-07-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, in case anyone else has this problem... i found what was wrong. i took out the headlight switch, jumped the terminals and the lights came on. so i took the switch apart and after testing the continuity on the contacts i found that the solder point on the internal circuit breaker was faulty. it could probably be re-soldered but i looked up the switch at my job and its not too expensive, so i might as well just pick up a new switch.