Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

i think wheel hopping has killed my t56. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i think wheel hopping has killed my t56. HELP!

about a month ago i upgraded my stock z28 wheels and tires on my 00 to 275/40/18. after this it wheel hopped real bad in 1st and 2nd gear. well after wheel hopping a few times i think my t56 is broke. i have 1st and 2nd gear, but if i go to 3rd i cant get back out of it. 4th is grinding bad but at low rpm's i can get into it. i cant get into 5th at all. i can get into 6th but theres a little vibration in the stick when i come out of 6th. and neutral doesnt feel like neutral(i hope that makes since).. this all started at once about 2 days ago. anybody have thoughts on what it could be?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

Its possible. Wheel hop can definately take its toll on transmissions. Do you see any fluid under the car? I would inspect the tailhousing for cracks as well if the wheel hop was severe.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Launching!

i havent seen any fluid but ill do a little more investigating when i get the time. im going to meps monday to change my ship date for basic training, and if they say im leaving in 2 weeks then im just gonna park it till i get back and can afford a magnum t56. otherwise ill end up fixing it asap. my 1st thought was it could be the synchro's but i didnt think they would all go at once like that

Quick Reply: i think wheel hopping has killed my t56. HELP!