Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon sux

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon sux

Hey guys, is it me...or does the monsoon system suck? One of my speakers keeps fading in and out. I need to rewire the whole thing I think.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now my subs are blown- or at least one is. It is also somewhat apparent that the amp is not up to par. I don't know yet. I need to get a DMM to check. My car is a complete mess with panels off and speakers out. My car is only a 2000 and I never installed any aftermarket audio components. Now it looks like I have to. Shame on GM for putting out a poor product.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Monsoon suscks. I am putting in a Kenwood system and I am having to completely rewire my car because of the way the monsoon stereo is wired. Getting wires to the drivers door is a real pain! I have my car gutted right now. Hopefully by this weekend I will have all the wiring done. Driving with no music is not good! This is what I am putting in: Kenwood KDC-MP922, 4 Infinity 62.5i 6 3/4" speakers, 2 Infinity 693.5i 6x9" speakers, 2 Lanzar 430 amps. Plan on putting in subs later! also have a Kenwood CX87 10 disc CD changer! I think I will be rocking soon!