1/8 mile results.. somewhat diapointed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 mile results.. somewhat diapointed

Im somewhat disapointed with my results, but also somewhat happy.

2000 LS1 T/A

I ran a 8.6 @ 85 with a lousy 2.1 60ft. Car has basic bolt ons, headers, lid, subframe ls7 clutch and tick stage 2 T56. Car grabed and shifted like a ****, but I thought I would run a bit faster. I think the trap speed is reflective of a sub 8.5 pass what do you all think?

On a side note. After my runs I noticed a lot more built up rubber on the passenger side wheel well than the driver side, I mean a lot more. Its almost like the drivers side wasnt spinning. The car would kick sideways untill I had enough brake on it to keep it stopped and then I would do a 5-10 second burnout. I know its a limited slip but it sure seemed like only one wheel was firing.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

60' is way down sounds like you are bogging hard and killing mph and e.t.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I think I just need some practice. Its been a few years since Ive been to the track so I am prolly lacking on the launching. The last run I reved to 3k and eased out the clutch till I felt it would hook and hammered it, I prolly could have hit it before I did and it wouldnt bog that much. I was also running on 35 psi. Im happy with the tires though. Riken Raptors hooked pretty well. Better to be losing that 60ft time because of bogging than spinning right?

One run I trapped @ 86 so I know the car has a lot more in her. Whats a good rule of thumb for 60ft to E.T? Say I can get my 60ft <2.0 would that net me around an 8.2 all things equal?

I wish I didnt have to drive through the fuking water box everytime though cuz I dont want to do a long burnout each time to get everything off the tires, they hook just fine with a quick spin.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bmartin8
Yeah I think I just need some practice. Its been a few years since Ive been to the track so I am prolly lacking on the launching. The last run I reved to 3k and eased out the clutch till I felt it would hook and hammered it, I prolly could have hit it before I did and it wouldnt bog that much. I was also running on 35 psi. Im happy with the tires though. Riken Raptors hooked pretty well. Better to be losing that 60ft time because of bogging than spinning right?

One run I trapped @ 86 so I know the car has a lot more in her. Whats a good rule of thumb for 60ft to E.T? Say I can get my 60ft <2.0 would that net me around an 8.2 all things equal?

I wish I didnt have to drive through the fuking water box everytime though cuz I dont want to do a long burnout each time to get everything off the tires, they hook just fine with a quick spin.
60ft to ET is every .1 better 60ft is about .1 so 2.0 is 8.5s and 1.9 is 8.4s and 1.8s is 8.3s. You can go around the water box at sumerduck I do it everytime when I run there. The left lane where people stand go around it there. They will move when you come at them.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

Also got to remember mph might not be the same with a faster 60 foot.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Cool, well I deffinitely think I can get a low 8 second pass with some more practice and whatnot. The power is there, and thats what I am happy about. If I ever get some more money together, a LS6 intake and port and polish throttle body is in store.

Quick Reply: 1/8 mile results.. somewhat diapointed