Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I did my EGR! completely different...Is this ok?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I did my EGR! completely different...Is this ok?

So I have a 98 TA. I put on a corvette LS1 intake (for now) and completely removed the EGR Pipe, Valve, and exhaust manifold. The connector is just sitting there disconnected and the corvette LS1 intake doesn't have the egr pipe inlet...I made a little steel plate to block off the exhaust manifold....yeah I kicked on the SES light...but I'll be getting that tuned out anyways....I would think that's the best way to do it...anyone have different thoughts?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep sounds normal. some people tape it up to make it "invisable"
Old 03-08-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can have that PID deleted what's the big deal. If not remember the sensor that reports to the ECM only looks for "FLOW". It doesn't ask about temp. or other things. It will report insufficient flow. The EGR tube can be connected at the exhaust manifold and the bung on the exhaust blocked off. The EGR will "FLOW" as ususal except that it will "FLOW fresh air not soot and tar filled exhaust gasses. It appears you're using a hybrid system with and ECM looking for EGR "FLOW" with an intake that can NOT provide that "FLOW". That's a problem. I guess you'll have to delete that PID.