Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring CDT CL-E6NEO to Trans Am DVC Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring CDT CL-E6NEO to Trans Am DVC Harness

I'm in the process of installed some CDT speakers from Ian at Kee Audio and have a question on the rear sail panel speakers. I picked up the CL-E6NEO which are a single voice coil speaker and I'm wiring them into my Trans Am which has a harness for the factory dual voice coil speakers. Should I only wire 1 positive wire and 1 negative wire to the CL-E6NEO and leave the others unhooked or should I combine both positives and both negative wires to the CL-E6NEO?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Firebird owners with that package just use one pair of wires and cap off the other pair.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the 4th Generation Firebird Premium Replacement Speaker System and was woundering if everything is plug and play/ use the wires that are already there or should I re-wire new speaker wire to the monsoon amp??
I hope it doesnt sound like a dumb question I just got my speakers in and havent even taken the factory speakers out!!
What has everyone elses done??? Oh and where did you guys put the x-overs??
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
I bought the 4th Generation Firebird Premium Replacement Speaker System and was woundering if everything is plug and play/ use the wires that are already there or should I re-wire new speaker wire to the monsoon amp??
I hope it doesnt sound like a dumb question I just got my speakers in and havent even taken the factory speakers out!!

It's not plug and play but it's not hard. You just re use the dummy plugs from the old monsoon speakers. Cut them off the speakers and crimp or solder the new speakers to them. the hatch speakers won't fit perfectly and you'll need to make a screw hole larger, but no biggie. You don't have to rewire the amp wire, the current stuff is perfectly fine. I didn't use the crossovers since the amp has crossovers built in, and it's much easier that way. Btw the socket you will need to get your stock monsoons is a 7mm, deep well works best.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
One other note. When you are clipping the wires from the factory tweeters in the door, make sure you clip them between the tweeter and the foam wrapped circuit board. That is the factory crossover for the tweeter and you will need to have that wired in with the new tweeters.

Quick Reply: Wiring CDT CL-E6NEO to Trans Am DVC Harness