PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 SP 07 Silverado LTZ tune ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 SP 07 Silverado LTZ tune ?????

How much of a pain in the *** is it to tune an 07 Silverado with the 6sp LTZ package with HPT? I tried it on my friend's and it wouldn't even raise the speed limiter. I set the speed limiter to 318 mph and it would still cut off @ 98mph. Also I couldn't find the Spark Retard vs Torque Reduction table unless it's under another name or manner. I downloaded a stock tune file from the tune repository @ HP Tuners and it's totally different from an A4 Silverado. This sucks I have tuned other 07s with no problems but never an LTZ/w 6SP. I did my "Fail Of The Day" with this truck. Any help?????????? Thanks in advance all help is appreciated
Old 03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you didn't set the speed limiter to calibration and just left it set to GM LAN. You might want to do some gen 4 section reading ahead of time as they are very different than LS1 pcm's.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13593

Old 03-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyfan956
How much of a pain in the *** is it to tune an 07 Silverado with the 6sp LTZ package with HPT? I tried it on my friend's and it wouldn't even raise the speed limiter. I set the speed limiter to 318 mph and it would still cut off @ 98mph. Also I couldn't find the Spark Retard vs Torque Reduction table unless it's under another name or manner. I downloaded a stock tune file from the tune repository @ HP Tuners and it's totally different from an A4 Silverado. This sucks I have tuned other 07s with no problems but never an LTZ/w 6SP. I did my "Fail Of The Day" with this truck. Any help?????????? Thanks in advance all help is appreciated

I just did an 07 with 6.0 V-8, though I don't remember which tranny.

It was HELL using version 2.22. One one occasion the throttle would not even respond. Switched to 2.23 beta and all the other table appeared like in my 2008 G8 GT and 2010 Camaro SS. Try the beta.

Quick Reply: 6 SP 07 Silverado LTZ tune ?????