Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

hello need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello need help

hello i have two alpine type r 12s dual 4 ohm and trying to hook to mtx te601d i have them wired pos to neg then positive to amp and negitive to amp and sounds like they are bottoming out can some one help the mtx amp has 2 pos and 2 neg for the speakers
Old 03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From your post it sounds like you have the subs in series which would give you an 8 ohm load on each woofer, which would create a 4ohm final load for the amplifier. Make sure you have the subs wired like this; first terminal cup: one positive and one negative, positive running to one postive terminal of one voice coil, negative run to negative terminal of opposite voice coil. Then a jumper ( short piece of wire ) running from the positive and negative of the two terminals left. Second terminal cup; same as first. I hope this makes sense its hard to explain in writing. If you have both subs wired this way the amp should be giving you 300wts rms total, which shouldn't really be enough to bottom out both subs.