Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

6LiterEater cme owners come in

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 6LiterEater cme owners come in

Well im sick of my cme, at the frount were it is close to the tires there is a 1 inch gap on both sides i was wondering if 6lt cme fits better then mine, because if it does i would like to buy one. so any pics from the frount of the cme would help.. did you glue them or use double tape?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like u may need to remount yours but From what I have seen 6le has a flawless fit and for the price it's unbeatable 300 is a crazy deal look for the GP GL
Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

I'd say to try to re-mount yours, and if you're still unhappy, come talk to us.

Remember, it's supposed to "stick" to the bottom of the bumper, just about where the bumper starts to curve under. It's the biggest/widest part of the bumper, therefore it should take up the slack from the wheel well.

Also, try mounting the wheel well part first, THEN move on to the rest of the bumper. Have 2 friends help you...it's easier to move it that way and one set of eyes can see how level it is. Here's the last tip....section the mounting tape. Cut it in the curves and then you can remove that part of the tape and stick it, and not wreck the rest of it. (that's where the "friends" part comes into play)
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I can't guarantee ours to fix your problem as I have seen that happen on 1 out of 50 cars regardless of who made the valance.

Our Fiberglass Version is one that has a better ratio of fitting (say 1 out of 100) but I think it is because it is stiff and therefore more install proof...

Any pics (not just of the gap but all around)?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

im taking it to s body shop to get it put back on today, if it looks the same ill take a picture and post it for you and sell it and buy one of yours.... do you still have the $750 cme package? it siad you had like 10 only or something like that.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zero problem on mine. I had a paint shop install and paint mine.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

it looks a little better but still a good lip all the way around it.. they said it will come off again because of the holes were the rs body kit use to be. but that under the car not were the cme is so i dont know. my car is forsale now if i get the ss i want ill order a cme.

Quick Reply: 6LiterEater cme owners come in