Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Exhaust Manifold

Would these bolt-on a 2000 LS1 WS6 Trans Am? I seen some good deals and just want to make sure...
Any modification?
I am trying to get some used LS6 Manifolds....I have a crack Hooker long tube headers that I would like to replace and need to re-due the exhaust system from the previous owner since EVERYTHING IS WELDED FROM TOP OF HEADERS ALL THE WAY TO THE MUFFLERS and need to do some work on the tranny and differential and dam complicated to be cutting and welding and cutting and welding (TRUST ME, THE DUAL 3" PIPES RUN UNDER THE DIFERENTIAL INSTEAD OF GOING OVER IT. IT ALSO SCRAPES SINCE IS ALSO BEEN LOWERED!)....just went through that with replacing the rear springs.

I have a pair of LS2/LS3 Exhaust Manifolds but dont know if they will work better either. By looking at the LS6, they look like they are better to work with since they are longer and better to work with from the bottom of the car to make a flange and re-due the exhaust.

Either LS6, LS2/LS3 or Short Headers...
Old 03-18-2010, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

what about a C5 Short Headers?
I am watching a pair on Ebay listed for LS1 2000 C5 Corvette..
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

LS2 will work w/ modifications but you wont gain much but a few hp up top...Better off going w/ the LS6 and its a direct swap. Dont waste your money on shorty headers.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I am about to go through this same nightmare with my truck. Previous owner must have had everything welded. Good thing there are bolts on the flanges to the head still...otherwise those probably would have been welded too. TOTAL BEATING.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Just spoke with a local muffler shop (over the phone) and told me is better to get Shorties for my specific LS1, not corvette LS6 manifold.
I he just saying that just because it involve some modification or just plain doesnt know that the LS6 would bolt-on?

I would just need to make a down pipe flange to fit the manifolds and O2 fittings, right?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crainholio
There are only LS6 exhaust manifolds for C5 Vettes, not F-Bodies...they won't fit your car without major crossmember surgery.
I did another search and found this quote from this member.....

So...