Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!

I don't really know if anyone can truly help me or not without physically being here to lend a hand but here goes. I am working with what used to be a 1994 3.4 5 speed. I am swapping in a 6.0 and a 6 speed. I started this project by completely stripping the car of everything and starting from complete scratch. Regardless the engine and everything is mechanically installed.

I now have no freaking idea how to rewire this car. I initially was going to reuse the harness and just strip out everything I didnt need but GM just taps everything everywhere and it looks like a preschool kid put this harness together. It is possibly the most catastrophic attempt i've ever seen at someone making a wiring harness.

I just don't know where to start or what to do. I have the harness all hacked up and it's a mess.

Here's what i've got.

I repinned from scratch the ECU to resemble that of a 2000 camaro. I don't know what grounds I need to connect or where to provide power. If I can ground it and provide power then the ECU is done.

Inside the car. I have a good portion of the front light harness together and run across the nose of the car. Same with the tail light harness that is complete and installed too but they both come to an end inside the car just cut off.

The car is being stripped of almost all its amenities.

Here's what I want to run...

typical:

headlights, park lights, blinkers, hazzards, high beams, tail lights, reverse lights and 3rd mount brake light.

Heater blower and controller no a/c

Coolant fans

obd 2 port

Fuel pump

Alternator Stock ls1

Battery is in the trunk mounted just behind the passenger wheel

Dome light, cig lighter maybe even glove box light

Gauges are all aftermarket home made cluster so I need to wire those up some how. Speedometer, tachometer, volts, coolant temp, oil pressure, fuel gauge.

There might be more but the car is extemely basic i've down converted the entire car from full power to no power.

Please Please can someone help me. I'd like to maybe attempt to use the factory fuse box by the drivers door. I don't have much money and this is why I have yet to contact painless.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default Maybe this will help

I have pulled a harness out of another car and am going to run that and hook it all up. All I need to know now is how to power and ground the ecu and how to tie it into the vehicle if necessary. Can someone provide me with that information? That will be much more simple.

Thank You
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Default Help please

I have the engine bay all routed, and the wires inside the car routed and some hooked up.

What do I do with the two black plugs left on top of the passenger strut tower?

Also there is a long long harness with a single plug that is wired in together with the antenna wire. It looks like it should be routed over to the rear hatch area on the drivers side. Is this maybe for a factory amplifier?

How do I wire in the OBD 2 plug from this harness into my 00 camaro harness that I hand pinned? What pins need to have what wires?

What wires are also needed to make this work?

What is needed to be done to make the automatic harness work for my manual car? I notice the plugs are different for the clutch pedal neutral safety switch.

I'm sorry about this but thank you for any information that can be provided.

My harness is an Automatic 1997 Firebird V6 and I wired the ECU to be a 2000 camaro with stock injectors.

Even some links to some helpful threads are more than appreciated.

THANK YOU!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default Pictures

Here's some pictures of what i've got going on.

I need to know where and how to wire up the two connectors on the passenger fenderwell. There's also a vacuum line there what does that go to? What does it control? I didn't have to plug it into anything that i'm aware of anywhere along the harness.

What are the other plugs? I think they're for the monsoon stereo or something... amps etc.... can i just leave them unplugged? I assume yes.
Attached Thumbnails I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!-dsc03368.jpg   I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!-dsc03371.jpg   I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!-dsc03373.jpg   I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!-dsc03374.jpg   I have made a massive wiring mistake Please help!-dsc03370.jpg  

Old 05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

I pretty much figured out everything just by trial and error. Headlights, park lights, turn signals, etc.... Everything works pretty good.