Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

HersheyPark Autocross 3/27 & 3/28, details inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HersheyPark Autocross 3/27 & 3/28, details inside

For anyone in or near the area, there will be an SCCA sanctioned autocross at the Hersheypark parking lot. It is the Appalachian Sports Car Club, a local chapter of the Susquehanna Region SCCA doing the events. They generally lay out a very large and fast course. The pre-registered cost is $30 plus a $5 SCCA insurance fee that is good for the weekend, should you decide Saturday was too much fun not to do it again on Sunday.

You compete based on the class your car is in. No damage is ever done to the cars, maybe some shoulder wear on the tires, and it's a lot of fun! Have some ***** and come out and see how good you are behind the wheel, not just the buffer! No car is too nice to be driven they way it was built to be driven.

I will be there autocrossing my 2005 GTO in STU. Here's a couple links.

www.scca-susq.com/

www.myautoevents.com

There are 10 events total throughout the year, at HersheyPark, Lancaster's Park City Mall, and the Harrisburg Farm Show Building complex.

I am a brand new member to LS1Tech, this is my first or second post, and I would like to get a chance to meet up with some board members if the opportunity exists at this or a future event.

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the events. Come and join me or just come out and watch!

Todd

Last edited by Toddolie; 03-21-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:37 AM
9 Second Club

OMG!!! I remember this last year. I def wanna come next this year... These are the events that the New Era auto club goes too? I cant wait maybe I can sign up for the club while I am there?

Serious sounds like a fun time I just wish I could pay for the tires I would need to go autocrossing... That just a real pricey day I would think... Props to you guys I may come watch..
Old 03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikep2002
OMG!!! I remember this last year. I def wanna come next this year... These are the events that the New Era auto club goes too? I cant wait maybe I can sign up for the club while I am there?

Serious sounds like a fun time I just wish I could pay for the tires I would need to go autocrossing... That just a real pricey day I would think... Props to you guys I may come watch..
Hell yeah Mike!! They're INTERNATIONAL!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

That sounds like a ton of fun. Won't be able to make it this weekend but what are the dates for some of the other events?
Old 03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Teching In

March 27,28 - Hershey
April 25 - Park City
June 6 - Park City
July 24, 25 - Farm Show - Tennative
August 15 - Park City
October 3 - Park City
October 23,24 - Hershey