Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Already did a search. 28" ET Drag question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Already did a search. 28" ET Drag question

I have a stock ride height 2002 Trans Am with M6, 12bolt (stock length), and 4.11 gears.

With Bogart welded RTs specifically for the f-body will any mods be needed to rear bumper, fender, or wheel well to fit a MT ET Drag 28/10.5-15?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a 28 X 10.5 ET Drag and had to clearance my rear bumper cover and cut some of the metal structure behind it to ensure the tire wouldn't make contact on the big end of the track when the tire grows.

If you have adj. lower control arms, you can move the rear back and only cut the rear bumper and structure and leave the front alone.

I also had to BFH the inner wheel well, but my offset is different so it may be different for you.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,221 Likes on 778 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Hmm. My rule is to have a thumb of clearance all the way around. If the rear bumper is tight, you can cut it a bit though I have tried to cut them in a way that does not look hacked up from the site. Or you can drill a hole in the lower ground effect of the TA and run a wire thru it and look for a place to pull the gfx back a bit.

Bogarts have the tire sit out a bit do you don't have to do the inner fender bfh work you'd have if you ran Welds with no spacers.