Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Slow System Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow System Replacement

I want to SLOWLY replace my Monsoon system...

If I get new 4ohm SVC 6.5 midbass "subs" for the sails, I can connect them to my Monsoon amp, correct?

Then I can add a 2ch amp later on to power the 6.5" subs, correct?

Then to replace the Monsoon amp, I would just need a 4 ch amp to power the doors and rears, correct?

AND THEN... I can get a new head unit, and connect both amps to the h/u and be completely away from stock, right?

How would I power the tweeters if I got a new head unit?

This might be backwards, but hear me out....

I live in NC as a Marine, and my sail speakers blew. I would love to do everything at once, but I do not have the time nor the resources to get it all done. I have a 16hr drive up to MA, when I go home on leave. Thats why I need the replacement sail speakers. Once I get home to MA, I have 2 weeks to install the 2ch amp, the 4ch amp, and then I have better sound on my way down to NC. I will run RCA cables, but leave them unconnected for now. When in NC, I can find a new head unit and a new bezel (i saw a SWEET ONE with custom light-up emblem, any one know from who?) and then just plug and play the new h/u and be happy.

Did I lose ANYONE in all of this? Or is everyone with me?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is slowly replacing a system taboo?