Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Should I change my "Trans Am" Accent?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I change my "Trans Am" Accent?

What do you guys think? Right now I have silver metallic accents on my black WS6, but I kind of want to have something different, it seems everybody has silver/black combo. Anyways, for christmas I ordered myself some charcoal metallic "Trans Am" overlays and also the "Ram Air" overlay. Do you think I should change them to charcoal metallic, or just leave the silver metallic? Do you think the charcoal metallic would look good? Thanks for any opinions!

Also, any tips on how to remove the ones already on my car to put on the new ones? How can I get them off? Thanks a lot!

Last edited by BlkBrdWS6; 01-02-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charcol on a black trans am will look great. I say go for it.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:37 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the stock monochromatic look myself........but that's what makes us all unique. If the overlay is vinyl, then you should just be able to slowly pull it off. Just get a corner started and peel off at a 54 degree angle (preferably down) Be careful not to pull the lettering off the doors as it's just stuck on with adhesive too. Heating it up a little with a hair dryer will help them come off it just pulling doesn't work. The adhesive will soften up when heat is applied. Might be a little tacky (the glue), but it'll definitely help.

Quick Reply: Should I change my "Trans Am" Accent?