Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Q about tweeters in door.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q about tweeters in door.

I purchased the Kee Audio package for the formy, asd spent all the morning doing the swap out. Everything has gone perfectly except the door tweeters. Im not sure how to get them out. They have this 3-pronged "ninja star" looking bracket that I cant seem to remove. How do I get this off, and do I need it to put the new tweeters in?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!! That is one thing I do not like about those tweeters. When I swap them out I just take the stock one out of the bracket clean it good with an alcohol swab and use 3M trim adhesive tape to attach it to the bracket. It never lets go if prepped right. It's the same tape used to hold emblems on cars on the exterior so on the interior it is even more stable. This fits right under the stock grill.
To use the CDT mount....you have to pop the tweeter out of the cup it is currently residing in. This is done by pushing the back of the tweeter through holes in the back of the cup. It is NOT easy to do and I use a piece of PVC pipe that just happended to be the same size as the tweeter cup but slightly smaller then the tweeter. I think it is 1" PVC. Anyway, if you lay it face down on that and pop the back it will pop out with some force behind it. You then put the cup on top of the bracket and the T-shaped thing behind it with the braket sandwiched between and put the sdcrew through the cup face down into the black CDT bracket. You then have to put the tweeter back into the cup with the screw underneith it.
Why they made it so difficult instead of just threading the dang tweeter...I do not know but that is how you do it.
Hope that helps!!

Quick Reply: Q about tweeters in door.