Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

cheapest clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheapest clutch replacement

do not post and say "do a search"

ok, my clutch and throwout bearing are going and im BROKE but i def need to replace them as well as the fluid, im up at college and we have a lift i can do all the work on so its prime time, i think my dad will help me out on the cost as well

even though im broke im not going OEM no point in doing the work if its not going to help me at the track, so my question is this:

whats the best clutch i can get cheap? can i get just the clutch plate and pressure plate and be good? do i need to resurface/ replace the flywheel? will t5 clutch stuff work on a t56?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

search.
Yes.
YES.
No.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes you can have the flywheel surfaced, You will need a shim behind it to make up the difference of what is cut off it. As far as inexpensive performance clutches, I dont think there is such a thing. My first clutch I purchased was a ram was rated for 500+HP but my 463 smoked it. I am waiting for the new monster twin to come out. I would recommend buying a monster clutch, and be done with it,, Not really saving money if you have to replace the clutch after a few thousand miles. if your car is stock Stick with a stock clutch, people get 70+thousand miles out of them. You gotta pay to play..