Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did this even happen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How did this even happen?

OK guys it runs!!! but i have a prob...and no it isnt vaccum caus ewith out the cables hooked up it idles great!

Ive been searchin around and cant find this anywhere and ive never even heard of it in all the reading ive done.

I swapped heads, intake, tb well now when i hook up my throttle cables that servo under the thing where all the cables runs seems to be f*(ked up! Now when i hook it up right the son bitch wont start cause it holds the throttle about 20% of the way open. im guessing only on that!

But if i unhook the cable to the tb and just leave it closed it will start and idle fine.

WTF is that stupid cruise control servo suppose to do and how is mine dicked up? its almost like its 90 or 180 degrees out?

Also on a side note my new intake tb combo has a plate between them..... that would have something to do with the amount of pressure on the cable? does that have anything to do with the throttle staying part open?

this is all that holding me back and idk even know where to begin.

Im lost guys, anybody know whats up with this?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

the cruise control servo might be jammed and stuck open... also follow the cables back to the firewall. there are two connections in the line where the line can be adjusted. maybe you popped those connections open while removing stuff.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

make sure you didnt get a TB from a 2000 + car with the larger throttle cam. the 98-99 cars have shorter cables for smaller throttle cams and if you install a 2000+ TB with the larger cam, it will hold the throttle open a little bit.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjust your TB cable... the cable that runs from your TB to the cruise motor there is an adjustment.. Just follow the cable to you see something squareish..Pop the cover off, adjust your cable so its tight but not opening the blade and snap it back on.

Mine came loose and it took me days to figure out why I was only 75% at WOT.. Maybe yours is too tight.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a good idea guys! it is off of an 01 TA so im guessing it has a bigger cam in it. in reality its just being held open too far. Ill try that to see if i can adjust it back down at all.

I belive its the actual servo its selfs thats jacked up so im wondering if i can just do away with it and just run one cable from the throttle to the peddle? is that possible just to bypass the servo setup basically?

also, my tach wont work? Now im not sure why, i had everything out of the car but its all hooked back up so i cant see why the tach woulsnt be working.

I had the BCM out to try to fix my window/radio issue. i only soldered 5 ppoints oon it but do you guys think that could have some affect on the tach?

thanks for the quick replys guys!