Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trying to remove my door panel and hatch speakers, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to remove my door panel and hatch speakers, need help!

Got my Kee Audio speakers (THANKS IAN!) and I am trying to install them. I have the door panels off and im trying not to break anything. Maybe i'm retarded but I cant figure out how to remove the tweeters? Also I dont know how to remove that hatch speakers. They have the flat headed weird screwes, any help would be appreciated! Thanks Aaron
Old 03-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The door tweeters are removed by unscrewing the phillips screw and then your going to pry it off the bracket. It is glued on in addition to the screw. It will just pop off with a flat head or other type of prying tool. After it is removed you can attach the CDT tweeter using 3M double sided trim adhesive tape. The same stuff used for emblems on the exterior of vehicles. It holds very strong and is easy to do.
The hatch speakers are riveted in. Those are not screws...at least they shouldn't be. You just drill out the rivet and they slide out the side.
Hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Okay thanks. I figured out most of it after i posted and messed around with it more. I was being a wuss and wasnt pushing on the tweeter. The door speakers dont fit in the housing, so I guess I will get some dikes and cut a little off so they fit in it.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 79TAKid
Okay thanks. I figured out most of it after i posted and messed around with it more. I was being a wuss and wasnt pushing on the tweeter. The door speakers dont fit in the housing, so I guess I will get some dikes and cut a little off so they fit in it.
Don't fit in the door housing?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

Cut the bottom of the housing out and it fits better but now its too wide... ill try to find longer screws, but I dont know if the door panel will clear it?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine went right in without having to modify anything. The ones you have look bigger then what they should be, it looks like you got the wrong size.