Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Door/window problems, pics/vid inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Door/window problems, pics/vid inside

The window started rattling on my Firehawk about a month ago. It would rattle going down the road and when you shut the door. I know these cars are prone to it so I took it apart this afternoon. I found several plastic pieces missing.

This is suppose to secure the window when it's up, the hook part is gone.

This is what it's suppose to look like, this is one is cracked and needs replaced too.

The plastic bushing between the window where it sits in the tray is missing.

When you roll the window rolls up it gets in a bind in the front where it goes into the black triangle part. If I push down on the rear of the window it doesn't bind up as bad.

The thing that really pisses me off is where the window regulator is riveted to the door, it has worn out the holes and the whole thing moves. I am sure this is attributed to the window getting in a bind. I have no idea how I am going to fix it. You can see the fiberglass powder where its worn the hole out.

The car only has 47,xxx miles on it. When I roll the window up and down I make sure it's not in a bind. So far I don't have cracks in my door panel.

Can I get the plastic pieces that are broke? Any ideas on how to secure the regulator so it doesn't move anymore. I though about drilling more holes along the bracket and put a washer under it and put more rivets in it.

Thanks.