Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some input

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some input

I was unsure which section to put this in.....

I just got my safety/emissions done by a buddy. Had him check out some floor board vibration that has been increasing over the last 2 weeks. Found out my headers are hitting the floor board due to the motor mounts going bad...

Well my current exhaust set up has been on my car since 75k miles / 3 years ago, Im currently at 95k miles.

Im trying to save a little bit of money due to i just spent 1300 on wheels and tires, 800 on rear end and new gears, and 300 on new tune = 2400.00

Im for sure going to do solid motor mounts (200.00ish from thunderracing.com) the labor is around 4 hours. When i talked to Andy at redline he said he may hv to remove the headers for clearance to get the mounts on. My current flowtech headers are definitely showing there age (surface rust, gaskets have a few leaks etc) what im thinking about is salvaging the flowtechs, add new gaskets and switch from the magnaflow and go with true duals....

Option A- New motor mounts, clean up headers, add true duals

Option B- New motor mounts, New headers, and true duals

Option C- New motor mounts, and (Your guys opinions!)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

new headers, flow master merge with a bigger cat back.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

I have a friend of a friend that has some SLP headers that i can probably get for around 300 bucks, they only have 5-10k miles on them. Not sure what new headers to go with but def leaning towards true duals
Old 04-02-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

i had true duals(vids in sig)they are by far the best sounding option for our cars, but i wish it were that simple. 1. they are a cop magnet, i have the tickets to prove this 2. i don't care what anybody says you will have clearance issues and you will scrape 3. they are a PITA to fab tail pipes for, in my experience shops wont even wanna attempt it 4. if you do get a shop to do it they will charge an arm and a leg. 5. also good luck getting dumps to pass inspection.

so considering the above i went with a 4" mufflex, it's going on the car monday. vids coming soon. you may choose differently.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
i had true duals(vids in sig)they are by far the best sounding option for our cars, but i wish it were that simple. 1. they are a cop magnet, i have the tickets to prove this 2. i don't care what anybody says you will have clearance issues and you will scrape 3. they are a PITA to fab tail pipes for, in my experience shops wont even wanna attempt it 4. if you do get a shop to do it they will charge an arm and a leg. 5. also good luck getting dumps to pass inspection.

so considering the above i went with a 4" mufflex, it's going on the car monday. vids coming soon. you may choose differently.
Not worried bout the cop magnet shes a sunday driver Got a few buddies that do inspections too.... Gna be going to redline this wk to talk it over and see what im gna do, trying to spend as little as possible. 2400 in last 4 mths not to count the tranny i put in around 8 mths ago....def got way to much into her LOL
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

ok well gl to u