Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast classic issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Fast classic issue

Im having a issue with a Fast classic ecu and fast is not being that helpful . Problem is the car absolutely will not rev past 3500-3900 rpms ( highest read on the log was 3900 ) , at that point the motor just studders and pops . Ive been thru ALL the wiring with a fine tooth comb and just to make sure Im not having any interference issues I used a relay board to give the ignition box , opti switched 12v and the fast switched 12 volt all their own switched powers off the battery . No possible chance of the wire interference issue . In this process the ign. box has also been eliminated as a possible problem . Everything leads back to a pcm issue , that the part Fast isnt being much help with . So I opened the box up last nite and found 3 resitor logs with either heat discoloration or a burn mark all the way thru coating .

I took a pic of the board and marked where the problem areas are on the resistor logs . Is anyone familiar enuff with the electronics of these ecu's to say this is probably my smoking gun ? I can search the resistor logs by the part #'s on them and replace them , but a friend of mine cautioned that part# printed on the body could be the same for several different resistor values .

***I screwed up editing this photo , RED=burn thru and Pink=discoloration

If anyone really knows the circuitry of these ECUs well , please chime in . Right now I really just drive this car off a cliff and watch it burn
Old 04-04-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

I think Craig Smith 'fixes" the classic units..Don't have a fone #, but someone on the forum should know how to contact him.
I have his email addy. Don't know if it's still working.
Pm me for it.Also, may find some help over on www.turbobuick.com. Lots of FAST users there.