Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An older conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default An older conversion

Hey guys. First of all i just want to say i really respect all the work you guys do to make these conversions possible. Its really neat watching you bring an older car to life with a newer motors. I for one have zero experience with this type of thing so forgive me ignorance.

But i had a quick question, for some reason i've been looking around at older cars 40's, 50's and 60's. And i've always wanted to build an older car, like a chevelle or rebuild a replica of my dads 72 firebired that was burnt to the ground while it was sitting on the side of the road.

but i finally found a car i'd like to rebuild and i was just wondering how hard it would be to do the swap? What things would i have to take into consideration while doing the swap? and a ballpark figure about how much just the swap would cost me?

I currently have a 4.8liter out of my 99 silverado that i plan on freshing up to a 5.3, putting a cam in it and some head work. I'm wanting about 350-400WHP. I'd also like to have an automatic transmission 4L60E or 4L80E, i'm not sure of the difference, or what you guys would recommend. I'd like to keep it fuel injected.

the car i want to put it in is a 1957'-58' Cadillac Deville. like the one seen here. Click Me.

What do you guys got for me?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Sounds like a really cool swap.Should be really easy because of all the room under the hood.The hardest part of these swaps is the small selection of oilpans that will work with ground clearence and cross member clearence.Check out retrolsx.com for their new conversion oilpan that is designed for these issues.