Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

C5 Clutch Problems w/ Spec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Clutch Problems w/ Spec Stage 2

So I traded out putting a Spec Stage 2 in a painter friends car for painting a new hood for my T/A.

The car is a 99 Corvette FRC. I put in a spec stage 2 with aluminum flywheel, new slave, Ram adjustable master cylinder. Spec shim on slave.

For some reason this clutch seems to not disengage enough for the tranny to shift smoothly. So I pulled it out and checked for for a bent clutch disc, flywheel thickness, ect. We checked to make sure that the slave is working correctly with the specs the SPEC gave me. Everything is in specs and I can spin the clutch disc with my pinky figure with it disengaged.

Also the thing releases very low to the floor no matter where I adjust the master. My question is has anyone else had this problem. I have had this thing out 3 times now. Spec is very helpfull and I have never had problems with them before. So I am thinking it is more with the tranny than the clutch, but it shifted fine with the stock clutch.

I have bleed it with some one in the car and using a vacuum pump with no change.

Thanks for all the help. I am just out of ideas and frustrated with something that I should have only had to do once. Could it be the new slave is bad and bleeding down. But, then it should have not been able to disengage when we checked it.