Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clunky/notchy shifting after s60, DS, Adj TQ arm.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunky/notchy shifting after s60, DS, Adj TQ arm.

Ok so here is my issue, some background: M6 01 z28 bolt on with a PRO 5.0 shifter spec 2+ clutch with spec billet flywheel and TICK adjustable master. So two days ago I installed my new Strange S60 with 4.10s and detroit locker and matching strange shortened driveshaft and a spohn adjustable torque arm with spherical rod end and relocation bracket the rear, DS, Tq arm have about 50 miles on them, the clutch n flywheel almost 300 miles(done about 3 weeks ago) Im having problems with shifting from 1st to 2nd it feels really clunky not smooth at all just driving normal only on upshifts not when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd also all other gears feel weird on upshifts all started happening after the rear install car drove and shifted like butter with the stock rear tq arm n DS. Pinion angle is at -2 degrees TRUE pinion angle I set it on a drive on lift at work so I know thats accurate, my question is what could b causing the transmission to feel so different now, I know its not the clutch problem all the hydros are new the tick master cylinder works awesome and I have full disengagement of the clutch, I know with the locker I should expect some noise and banging going around turns and with the spherical rod end on the tq arm Im gonna feel all the vibrations and movement more but I dont see how that would affect the transmisson any input or ideas are appreciated