Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for help..converting a foxbox to ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help..converting a foxbox to ls1

Hey there I'm graduation tech school soon and am looking to start a project...I've got my eyes on a 92 foxbody gt extremly clean body and flawless interior, the 5.slow has high millage 200k+ so I am thinking its a great shell to do a ls-1 swap into...looking to see if a company makes a kit or if there are budget ways to do it since I will be installing it all myself...located in the phoenix area thanks for the help! feel free to email me any idea's or info at abranch2122@gmail.com thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

Get the AJE k-member and motor mounts and its not bad from there. Wiring is the biggest thing.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slow00gt
Get the AJE k-member and motor mounts and its not bad from there. Wiring is the biggest thing.
Did you by any chance take any measurements with the stock kmember vs. the AJE, referencing the hood line down to the center of the kmember? I ask because I just got the motor out of my '01 and started mocking up the 5.3 in the engine bay and the motor doesn't sit nearly as low as I was anticipating. My car was originally a V6 and I was planning on going w/ the AJE and now I'm just curiuos how much room is actually gained by doing so.