Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Completely New to LS1's

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely New to LS1's

Hello everyone, I just bought my first "hot rod" and think I did pretty good.
I originally sought out to by myself a 2000-2004 Mustang GT, that is until I found my Camaro Z28. My car is an '02 Camaro Z28. It is in near perfect condition. It is black with black, t-tops, chrome 35th anniversary wheels, 6 speed tranny, and of course the LS1 beast. The car only has 86k miles and is perfect inside and out, not a single dent or scratch. I think I got a pretty good deal...$7800, but you tell me. You probably know a lot more than I do. To my knowledge the only mods the cars has is an SLP airlid, SLP muffler, and Long Tube Headers. There were actually two mufflers on the car, the SLP, and a stock one...but I cut the stock one off! There are no cats on the exhaust either.
Anyway, if you have any suggestions of upgrades or mods that are pretty simple and not too involved, or if you just have any info that might help me become more familiar with my new toy, I would love to hear from you...thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Welcome to the site! There is ton of information here for you, lots of great advice, and help with all levels of tech.

Congrats on your car! Not to sure about two mufflers though, the stock one sits just behind the rear axle. Where was the second one?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you got a hell of a deal!! and I too am confused on the 2 muffler bit..... but Welcome to the site