Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift kits?

Well about a month ago i had to rebuild my tranny so i ordered the TCI Pro Super Kit from Summit. The kit came with the TCI shift kit. Well my questions is for those that have this shift kit. My first to second gear shift is fine its like a thump but my second to third shift when i granny drive the car is reallly really hard, its like a clank.Is it because of the extra clutches and the shift kit or is that just the way the shift kit is? Its really starting to bother me. What do you guys suggest i do? How does the Trans-go shift kit compare to the TCI? Should i just take the shift kit out and put it back to stock? Maybe Kevin from TCI has some suggestions. But other then that i am really happy with the TCI kit and Converter. Thanks
Old 01-06-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a TCI shift kit in my 4L60-E and my 2-3 shift is nice. Nothing harsh like you describe. Something doesn't sound right. How's your PCM tranny programming? Stock?
Old 01-06-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the PCM programming is stock. Other then the hypertech but i didnt mess with the firmness or any of the shift points. It was doing it before i programmmed it in there. All i told the Hypertech was that there was a aftermarket shift kit in there. But i dont think the hypertech has anything to do with it. Thanks for the quick reply Colonel.