Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Big problems with stock Monsoon!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big problems with stock Monsoon!

I been noticing that all my speakers cut off but the back 2 and front 2 highs. I guess the amp shuts off. It happens when I play the radio for like 3-4 or 5 hours at a time(mostly when friends and I are sitting around my shop shooting the bull and listening to the radio). I was thinking that the amp was over heating but it seemed to still be doing it the next day.

What could be my problem fellas?

Josh S.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Guy in MY 99TA
What could be my problem fellas?

Josh S.
It's a monsoon. That's the problem. Seriously, check the connection at the amp. It could be loose. If not, break out the digital multimeter and check the leads. That's if you have the service manuals to direct you. If you don't want to do that, just design a new system. That's what I am working on now. I've had it with my monsoon. I acutally found my amp dangling by its harness. The connection was still good though. For some reason, the amp came off its mounts and was just dangling there.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Just do what I am planning with my SS: yank the entire system. I am replacing all the OEM speakers, headunit, and amps. I plan to leave all the factory wiring and re-wire the system; that way if I ever plan to sell the car I can swap all the OEM stuff back in if I choose to.