What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 z28 salvage title

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 z28 salvage title

Supposed to be picking up a M6 2001 WS6 tomorrow, and want to know what would be a fair asking price for my Camaro. I don't have to sell it, but I really have no reason to keep it and don't even have the space for it really.

The rundown:

Has a salvage title cause it was stolen and has been in a pretty bad accident. All repaired and car has run great except for some electrical problems that have also been taken care of.
  • Passes smog legally in CA
  • Only mods are SLP lid, k&n filter, LM2 exhaust + SLP y-pipe with stock cats, and C5 chrome imitation wheels wrapped with 265 front and 285 Nitto 555s.
  • Just put 51K on the odometer today.
  • Paint is in rather poor condition, definitely could use a full body repaint
  • Interior is leather and quite good except for the driver/passenger seats show a lot of wear.
  • Auto transmission
  • Power everything, AC blows cold, has t-tops

Just want a ballpark estimate for a good starting price, will be pretty open to offers if they are worth letting the car go. Realize it will be low in value with the salvage, but I wouldn't sell a perfectly fine running car for like 4k, just use it for my own spare parts when needed.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You'll be keeping the car. Finding anyone to pay more than $4k for a salvage title car with poor paint is very unlikely. Enjoy your new ride!