Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, about the Edelbrock Pro-Flo Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, about the Edelbrock Pro-Flo Intake

I did a search and read about the intake. Apparently, it's not a bottom end intake but most seem to like them, that have them.

I'm planning to buy this intake this week along with the rails, coil covers and an LS2 DBW Throttle body for my '56 Belair. Fitment isn't a concern here.

Eventually I plan on some kind of mid level heads (PRC, TEA Patriot etc), MS3 or comparable cam, long tubes etc etc.

Will be running a C4 rear setup with somewhere around a 3.90 rear gear and an Auto trans, preferrably a 6L80.

Would this intake be a suitable match for the plans I have?

Wanting good drivability and all around performance with excellent mid-range to top end power but don't want a slug on the low end.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Then I wouldnt advise buying an intake thats essentially a cast version of a tunnel ram/sheet metal intake.

If you live at 6000RPM+ then this would be a fairly good intake for you.

Vengance just dyno'd the FAST LSXR 102mm on and LS2 and it made 33rwhp (42 ported) and didnt give up any low end and came killed the stock intake from 3500+. I also went with the FAST intake myself. Ive had a few versions of it now and its worth every cent! It doesnt give up torque and makes lots of power.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Awesome, Thanks for the input.

Anyone else?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Long runner intakes for EFI are usually more low end torque.. while short runners are for more top end power..

the opposite of carb intakes