PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyper Tech power programmer, worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper Tech power programmer, worth the money?

Ive been looking into the hyper Tech Power Programmer and im just wanting your guys opinion on the thing. Is it worth the three hundred or so dollers that theyre asking for it... is it worth it? And if so what kind of results can i expect to see from using it? Thanks for any help you guys can give... LATE!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I have it, and i would say NO! The only things its really good for are firmer shifts <a4>, changing shift points, raising your rev limiter,setting your cooling temps for a 160 or 180 thermo, correct the speedo, top speed limiter whoopty-do, and their awful power tuning, So if any of that would be good for you, then get it. Otherwise go with Pedator. It can do everything HPP3 can, but better. Plus you can get custom tunes for your car. Then there's always LS1 Edit. Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to ask!
Old 01-06-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default What to do then?

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
I have it, and i would say NO! The only things its really good for are firmer shifts <a4>, changing shift points, raising your rev limiter,setting your cooling temps for a 160 or 180 thermo, correct the speedo, top speed limiter whoopty-do, and their awful power tuning, So if any of that would be good for you, then get it. Otherwise go with Pedator. It can do everything HPP3 can, but better. Plus you can get custom tunes for your car. Then there's always LS1 Edit. Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to ask!

Ok where do i get a predator at and what all can they adjust and what performance differences will you notice after using it... also i keep hearing about the ls1 edit i have no clue what it does.. what all does it do...? Im trying to fix up my car without super charging it so im looking at all options. In college right now in lincoln so im sorta poor.. Anyone here from around lincoln ,NE. Feel free to give me details on the programmers i need to figure out what all this stuff does... thanks for help yo
Old 01-06-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You know what. Im not even sure if you can get Predator for your car. I was just reading about it, and it says its designed for the 99+ cars. I didnt know this. Check out the sponsers to right for pricing and more info on it. As for Edit do a search. There's like 500 topics on it. I just did so i know. You should be able to find your answers.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LS1 Edit is $550 and there is only one place to get it:
http://www.carputing.com
LS1 Edit is the best. The others will not do what it will.

You will also need a logging software like autotap:
www.autotap.com
A number of places sell autotap.

Plus you also need a notebook.

BowlingSS
Old 01-06-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've used HPP3/Predator/LS1 Edit. HPP3 has always lost power on my dyno, unless you have a 100% all stock car down to the last nut and bolt, I've seen it gain 3hp and that was only once. Predator is better but still lacks. LS1 Edit is the best once you learn how to use it.

Quick Reply: Hyper Tech power programmer, worth the money?