Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough on start up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough on start up

Hey I just finished installing an LS6 valley cover, 2 bar map, and oil pressure sending unit on my car. Since the install the car is rough on start up. It seems like it's stumbling for a bit but then seems to settle down. It will also stumble under brisk acceleration from a stop. Oil pressure (according to aweful stock guage) sits at 20psi at idle. No codes have come up yet. Ran smooth before the mods. No tuning has been done yet, didn't think it needed it for a map sensor though. It has been like this for about a week so I've stopped driving it and have switch to the truck til I get this fixed. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I've swapped back to my stock map sensor, no change. Swapped my idle air control valve, very little change (the stumble is gone now at least).

It is idling at about 500 RPM in park at a stop and isn't really that rough. If I turn the AC on it goes down to about 400 RPM (it gets pretty rough here). If I turn the AC off and put the car in neutral it gets up to about 650 RPM and gets rougher. If I rev to about 750 in neutral it gets real rough but from 1K and up it's smooth as can be.

One other thing (and I'm not sure if this is normal or not) I squeezed my PCV line shut and the car stalled out. I did this while checking for vacuum leaks (didn't find any) and just found that kind of odd.

Please help, I want to move forward to the turbo but I can't until I get this all ironed out first.