Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

i need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking i need some suggestions

i have LTHs and no cats so my car is pretty loud (02 ws6). My stock radio sounds like crap when i turn it up when i have the t-tops off. I want a new head unit speakers and maybe a sub. any suggestions on what to get? i was a HUGE fan of audiobahn when i was younger when i wanted to shake all the nuts and bolts loose on my cars. But now i dont want my car so be obnoxiously loud but i still want to feel the bass. if that makes any sense. i want to put the sub to the left of the trunk in the small space and the amp somewhere so i can still latch the t-tops in the trunk. any suggestions would be appreciated. i searched threads on here and will be going to humount.com to get a nice way to install it. oh and i still want to be able to use controls on my steering wheel so i will be getting that adapter also. but thats all i have so far

thanks for any input
Old 04-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The first questions are... what's your budget? and are you planning to keep the factory amp and wiring, or are you planning to install an aftermarket amp and rewire?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am planning on keeping the factory amp for the speakers and buying a new amp for a sub. maybe $500 not including the head unit. i know i have to buy the wires to run to the new amp and sub.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

JL Audio... quality... my favorite at least... a way to hide the amp if your willing to do it is to put in in the other side down in the panel where the spare tire and stuff go... just an idea... would still be able to fit ttops... i have an amp and an extra battery down there and had no problems