PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so am I buying a cable, or software?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default so am I buying a cable, or software?

I just downloaded efilive6 from their site. Now obviously I cant use it without a cable, but what are the prices for on the atap site? Are they for the software or the cable? Do I download the software for free and then just buy a cable from them, or do I have to buy the full version of the software from them because the dowload was just a demo?

And If i get a cable from the atap people can i use it when I buy the edit software? Or must I buy an edit specific cable?

Ive been reading up for a while and there is alot of good tuning info on here. Blows my mind sometimes. I seem to have a hard time just figuring out what the heck I need to buy first though!

thanks
Old 01-07-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

The software is a demo if you haven't purchased the cable, software and license. The EFILive6 download is a free upgrade if you have version 5.

I understand the price went up after the first of the year probably due in part due to the fact that the cables are now USB 2.0 in order to work with most new laptops since a serial port isn't included on new laptops (just USB 2.0).

The EFIlive pro version was about $354 before year end, but I think it is $495 now. I paid $354 at Thunder with a 10% discount. Some sponsors on this forum are a little cheaper than that.

Will a vendor sell you at the old 2003 price? Call and ask.

In any case make sure you get the USB version is you pay the premium price. I'm sure some will pay premium price and still get a serial cable instead of USB.

Naw.....they wouldn't do that now would they
Old 01-07-2004, 10:00 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with atap/efi and edit your basically paying for the cable. when you buy efi they send you the cable and software, which if you buy it now will be v6 or if there still selling v5 you can upgrade for free to v6 from the efi site. like the guy above said the price just went up, which sucks, but its still a great program. i got mine for 299 in a GP .

and no you cant use the same cable for both edit and efi/atap. they have a speical chip or code or someshit in the cable. and you can only get edit from carputing.com
Old 01-07-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thunder still advertises at $354, i dont know if their price has raised or not
Old 01-08-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I just bought EFi Live Pro from:
http://www.tbyrne.com/

They gave me last years price ($357).

BowlingSS