General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

New Computer, No AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Computer, No AC

im having trouble with my ac and was wondering if yall had any ideas. last week i installed a new pcm from Ion at madtuner, and as far as i can tell, the ac worked before the install, but not after.

ive reset the pcm, checked all fuses and swapped relays. i jumped the clutch cycling switch with a paperclip, and the idle raises, but the clutch does not engage. instead it throws a trouble code indicating a bad TPS.

when i tested the ac relay in the power distribution box under the hood, i get power to pins 30 and 85, but not 86. from what i understand, it takes power to pin 86 to complete the circuit to set the relay to "on".

is it possible that the pcm i received is faulty? i dont know what else it could be, but any pointers would be appreciated. also, does anybody know if ac trouble codes can be picked up by a standard code scanner such as the one they use at autozone or oreilly?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Jump the clutch straight to the battery to verify it works.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

Put a positive wire to your powerless pin see if you have engagement
Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

ok, i jumped the relay at pin 87 and the clutch kicks in, so thats a relief. so im thinkin the problem is either the computer itself, or my heater control module. seeing as it was working fine before the new computer, im thinking its the new pcm? im pretty sure ive checked all the fuses. the hvac fuse in the cabin and the cruise/ac fuse under the hood. ive also swaped the relay, still not working. am i missing anything else?