cam choices for me

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam choices for me

i have a set of ported 5.3 heads with patriot dual gold valve springs in them, they will be going on a stock bottom end 5.7. im just wondering what you guys think? i have read in different places that the ms3 is too big and i will need to fly cut the pistons but i dont want to have to fly cut them. any input on a safe cam to run without slappin the pistons with my valves would be helpful.
thanks

josh
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

I'd just call a sponsor shop on here and ask about custom grind cams. I got my custom grind from G-Force and its fantastic.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Whoever told you ms3 is too big is a idiot. I have the ms3 on stock bottem end and heads, it fits just fine.
Where did you get the 5.3's from? I know tsp sets the prc 5.3 heads up to fit the ms3, idk with those heads you have tho.
You may have to call tsp and tell them the specs of the heads and then go from there.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
Whoever told you ms3 is too big is a idiot. I have the ms3 on stock bottem end and heads, it fits just fine.
Where did you get the 5.3's from? I know tsp sets the prc 5.3 heads up to fit the ms3, idk with those heads you have tho.
You may have to call tsp and tell them the specs of the heads and then go from there.
they are just 806 casting heads. i mean what is the difference? aren't all 5.3 heads the same, i mean as far as the actual location of the valve in the head and the height of the valve in the head from the deck? if that made sense..... like what does tsp do to make sure their 5.3 heads work with that camshaft??

it's not "is a idiot", its is an idiot lol

Last edited by 1_fast_gto; 04-30-2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to correct grammar of quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
they are just 806 casting heads. i mean what is the difference? aren't all 5.3 heads the same, i mean as far as the actual location of the valve in the head and the height of the valve in the head from the deck? if that made sense..... like what does tsp do to make sure their 5.3 heads work with that camshaft??

it's not "is a idiot", its is an idiot lol
Well Idk enough about it to give you a lot of info. Either find a cam or custom grind that will work with those heads or call tsp and see what they recommend. But you can always go with another cam.
The tsp heads I am talking about are stage 2.5, they make them to fit the ms3 when you order them if thats the cam you're gonna run.