Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

4.10s weird problems in the dumb 10 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4.10s weird problems in the dumb 10 bolt

We installed them correctly; however we must not have. But I went by the book on everything, i thought the diff was tight enough but turns out it whines when turning right, so im ripping it all apart and gunna try to squeeze more shims in the right side I think they say to do since it whines when turning right.

Also.. I was out there spinning the passenger side axle by hand back and forth and its almost like it was slipping in the diff occasionally. WEIRD, I used slip additives and the whole 9 yars. We checked the pinion depth (correct) the preload is correct, and the wear pattern was PERFECT... me FTML
Old 05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

K welp we were able to squeeze 2 more shims in on the right side of the diff, small ones but did the trick.. It was tight to get in. No more noise like there was before.. Good to go. I still dont this little rear though lol
Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice job, Glad you figured it out. Im gonna tear mine down soon too
Old 05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
12 Second Club

yeah i did.. just drove 6 hrs yesturday to nj and back so all is good. Only time it hums a bit is on decel and its a little little bit of a hum, pretty sure its normal